Subject: Re: Netbooting a VS2K
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: David Hamilton <davidh@vytalnet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/29/1998 11:43:12
>> It doesn't appear to care about the colour graphics board.
>>
>No, 1.3.2 does not have support for any graphics on any vaxen.

Actually, I was just remarking that the graphics board didn't stop the
kernel from running.  I was under the impression that having such a unit
inside a VS2K would confuse NetBSD/vax to the point of crashing.

I prefer using a serial console anyway.  It seems more appropriate for such
a slow computer.

>> Problem 1:  le0 timeout
>> -----------------------
>>
>This is due to problems with the interrupt handling and receive buffer
>overruns in the lance driver. Fixed in -current.

Yes, it is indeed.  I haven't had a problem with that since upgrading.

>> Problem 2:  NetBSD think's it's 1970
>>
>Seems to work with -current on most machines.

Yup.  That also went away with 1.3F.

>> Problem 3:  Can't find the SCSI controller:
>>
>There has always been some troubles with the SCSI support. I am working
>on doing a real implementation.

Oh, you're working on it?  No worries then.

>-- Ragge

Thanks again... This is really getting quite cool.

Dave.