Subject: floppy drive conversion
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Hamilton <davidh@vytalnet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/1998 11:45:13
I have access to a bunch of IBM floppy drives, and I'd like to use one of
them on my VS2000.

The two with the most jumpers are:

Mitsubishi MF 504C-310MG
Panasonic JU-475-5

They are currently set up to work on a PC.  Here is a list of the jumpers
available on each drive (that I can see):

Mitsubishi:

DD  HR  IL  IS  MM  MS  IR  IU  RI  RD  DC  SR  DS3 MX  0   1   2
                set             set set set                 set

Panasonic:

TH  DD  AX  AT  IE  GX  EX  MS  RDY  DC  HA  DA  HL  HS  IM/OP
            set set set              set     set set set OP

DS1 DS2 DS3 DS4 BX  TM
    set             set

(there are a bunch of other labeled points on this drive that do not have
the pin headers such as JP1, JP2, RY, OF, ST and possibly a few more under
the metal cover that I can't see)

--

If anyone has modified a drive successfully, I'd be willing to build up an
FAQ on this and post it on the web somewhere.  Just send me the details of

- drive manufacturer
- model number
- the jumpers that required moving
- traces that needed to be cut