Subject: Caches and stuff..
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/1998 16:30:41
I just remembered..

Recently there was this flurry of activity around the 3100's caches
and the fact that on the M38 they were not enabled yet. A fix
came pretty quickly..

A nagging though stuck in my head..

Does this have any effect for the 'other' uVAXes too? According
to my manual the KA650 also has 1 Kbyte CPU cache and 64 Kb 2nd level
cache.

I'm not very familiar with the VAX internal workings, but would this cache
also need some 'manual' enable like the M38 or is it always enabled?

Feel free to shout if I am talking nonsense..

							Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9             Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,

 We say Retribution, We say Vengeance is bliss, We say Revolution,
 With a Cast-Iron fist!                  (Megadeth, 'The Disintegrators')