Subject: Re: Netbooting a VS2K
To: David Hamilton <davidh@vytalnet.com>
From: Tod Detre <tod@b60172.STUDENT.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/23/1998 10:15:59
> Problem 1:  le0 timeout
> -----------------------
>
> The ethernet controller is always timeing out.  Is this due to running the
> system discless and overloading the ethernet, or do my cables just stink?
> Anyway, I can't keep the system up for more than an hour because of this.

I have the same problem with my vs2k, but I'm running ultrix. (Yes I'm
ready for the flames, but I haven't got the time to mess with netbsd yet.
My vax hasn't even been on for the last 2 weeks.)  I was thinking it was a
motherboard problem. I've got a couple spares so I could try it out.  The
other possibility is that I'm overloading the le0 interface also. even
though I'm not diskless, it is connected to a VERY large network. I tried
connecting a transciever to it that had SQE turned on, but that didn't
seem to help. (I've heard that some old vaxes need SQE on otherwise they
shut the interface off.

--
Tod Detre