Subject: VAX-11/750 matters (fwd)
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc-Jano Knopp <mjk@c64.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/19/1998 15:14:26
I might have a chance to get an old VAX-11/750 for free. I did some work
on livingroom and now there is enough space for such a beast. But, do I
need some external cooling? How about the air moisture level? Might sound
silly, but I've seen a mid-eighties Unisys system which was very very
picky about these conditions. It simply started failing everything if
temperature was something else than between 21 and 24 degrees celsius or
if air moisture wasn't between 60 and 70 percents.

  My VAXstation II/GPX is very picky about temperature and humidity, too.
Freshly leeched, it stopped working the other day when it was very
hot and humid (but now works again perfectly :-)

  MJK

P.S.: Question to all: Who set up this mailing list?? I cannot 'follow-up'
      by simply pressing R(eply) - this would only reply to the original
      author. The only way I found for a follow-up is F(orward)ing the
      mail to 'port-vax@NetBSD.ORG' which I cut from the header - is
      anything wrong with the list or am I to dumb to use it? This is
      not the only mailing list I'm subscribed to, and R(eply)ing in the
      other lists causes 'follow-ups', just as you'd expect it...
--
mjk.c64.org