Subject: Re: uVAX II Console terminal. (fwd)
To: Erno Palonheimo <fsck@stip.net>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/1998 13:51:10
On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Erno Palonheimo wrote:

> Could someone tell me what uVAX II wants as its console terminal settings?
> The speed was easy to figure out as there was a knob to set it to 9600 at
> rear, but.. What should the databits, parity and stopbits be? How about
> flow control? How long time it should take from power-up to get the

9600 8N1, xon/off (software flow control).  I use a 3 wire cable with
only transmit, receive, and ground signals going from the MicroVAX II
console port to a VT340.

However, the MicroVAX II DE-9 console port pinouts aren't the same at
those used by the IBM AT DE-9 configuration which is what just about every
pre-made cable is using these days.  I don't know the pinouts off the top
of my head, but they should be buried in the archives somewhere.

-brian.
---