Subject: Re: SCSI Disks on VS3100/M76
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Hedley <cbh@teabag.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/1998 10:02:17
On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Well, NO ONE has a real disklabel on a disk that has just been formatted. The
> way you get one is by creating one with disklabel(8). This procedure involves
> accessing a raw device and causes a kernel panic.

I think what I did was dd'ed one of the boot images with a miniroot onto
the device so that I had something I could use with disklabel (which ISTR
I used on the block device rather than the raw one, though I could be
wrong)  I'm not sure if this will fix the problems, but thought it might
be worth mentioning anyway.  :)

Chris.