Subject: Re: uV SCSI/ DMA-Incomplete messages
To: Michael Sokolov <msokolov@blackwidow.soml.cwru.edu>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/1998 04:08:23
On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Michael Sokolov wrote:
>    I'm not attempting to buy anything, I'm simply trying to make you all
> aware of the fact my contributions, both present and future, are nothing
> more and nothing less than a direct product and fruit of my port-vax
> discussions that you hate oh-so-much. By preventing me from leading free
> and open discussions you are preventing me from contributing anything.

People didn't killfile you for the reasons you suggest.

You demonstrated poor understanding of the things you spoke of (this of
course changes over time.), and your arrogent manner annoyed a number of
people.  It was in their best interests to killfile you so that the list
didn't overflow with 'msokolov is an idiot' posts.

It gets tiresome to keep running across posts that beg correction and have
to restrain yourself from doing so as past trends indicate it will do no
good.

While you do have a number of interesting ideas, some of which I have
enjoyed reading and have actually archived, you must realize your strong
belief that you are always correct does not make it so.

By coming down into the trenches with the rest of the grunts you've done a
bit towards becoming an accepted member of the NetBSD/vax community.

And in most places the concept of 'give me something I desire and I will
give you something of equal value' is often called commerce; buying and
selling.  If nothing else, never misrepresent your intentions; it makes
you out to be a person with questionable ulterior motives.

Have a good one.

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/