Subject: Re: uV SCSI/ DMA-Incomplete messages
To: Michael Sokolov <msokolov@blackwidow.soml.cwru.edu>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/1998 00:51:43
Attempting to -buy- our respect now?

What a crock of shite.

I never killfiled you but I'm seriously considering it.

We're not here to feed your ego.

Put up or shut up.  Respect is earned, not purchased.

Your contributions will go along way towards legemitizing your opinions,
however off base we may think they are at this point.

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Michael Sokolov wrote:
>    maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com> wrote:
> > Fair enough, but could you make a source patch available with your
> > modifications, so others will have something to work with?
>
>    I will do this when/if all port-vax members take all of my addresses,
> current or old, out of their foolish scripts and start reading my postings
> just as seriously as those by other VAX hardware people on this list
> (Allison, Tim, Antonio, who else have I missed?)
>
>    Some side comments. As far as I remember, a lot of people on this list
> were unhappy with my VAX hardware discussions, accusing me of "rubbing the
> pumpkin and seeing a pie inside" and things like that. It's true that I
> make outlandish claims and derive most of my VAX hardware knowledge from
> logical reasoning and imagination, rather than from technical manuals which
> I don't have. It's certainly true that my methods are very unconventional.
> What I hope you will eventually realize, however, is that my unconventional
> methods are precisely what has allowed me to fix the KA42/41 SCSI problem
> by changing 3 lines of code while everyone else on this list was sitting
> back and waiting for Ragge to perform a miracle (and while Ragge himself
> was conveniently avoiding the issue by removing the SCSI code altogether).
> Exactly the same applies to all other work that I will do for Berkeley
> UNIX(R), which you will be more than welcome to port to NetBSD.

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/