Subject: Re: SCSI Disks on VS3100/M76
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <msokolov@blackwidow.soml.cwru.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/17/1998 17:27:47
Bryan A. Ignatow <ignatow@sprintparanet.com> wrote:
> Ok... from all that I have read I should be able to use the SCSI disks on
> my VS3100/M76 using the stock 1.3 #1 kernel.

Worked for me. (This was one of the steps I had to go through to create the
kernel I'm making available.) YMMV.

> The question I have is "how do I get them to work?".  I tried to play with
> disklabel and some other seemingly related items but have had no luck.
> Does someone have a set of steps that will get the disks labeled, boot
> block placed on disk, and such so that I can run newfs and get the system
> booting from them?

What I did was to newfs(8) partition c, mount it, put everything there
(including the booter and the kernel), and reboot from it. Again YMMV.

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
Phone: 216-368-6888 (Office) 440-449-0299 (Home) 216-217-2579 (Cellular)
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: msokolov@blackwidow.cwru.edu