Subject: Re: NetBSD netbooting (was "Re: UV3100 SCSI")
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Sheila H. //or//Bob (depends on who is writing <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/16/1998 12:57:09
I have been quietly reading and saving all of the list stuff.  Been
waiting for a neat little 3100 setup that supports scsi dma.  I picked
up a 3100.  Don't recall which model. I have not powered it up yet.

Mikey seems to have put something together that might be worth checking
out.  If someone tells me they trust Mikey's kernel, I will download it
and give it a shot.  I am just a little skittish considering Mikey's

IF you have really done something good with NetBSD for the Vax, then
Mikey I will say thank you.  If this is just some trick to hose up
vaxen, we will chat some more.

FYI: 3100s are still 25 bucks at Terp Trader.
Cables, monitor, and keyboard are extra of course but 20% off right now.
They also have a few (6 or 8) DS5k/25 boxes with various mem and hard
drives. These run 60 bucks and up.
bob

--
real address is shsrms at erols dot com