Subject: Re: UV3100 SCSI
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <msokolov@blackwidow.soml.cwru.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/15/1998 19:15:14
   Daniel A. Seagraves <DSEAGRAV@toad.xkl.com> wrote:
> Nice.  init died with signal 11.
> It does work though.  Since it dumps DMA error messages at the console,
> I'd think it was doing DMA.

   Does the stock v1.3 kernel exhibit this problem also? I haven't changed
absolutely anything besides the BabyVAX SCSI code, so I see no reason why
would my kernel behave differently from the stock v1.3 one with respect to
something as high-level as init(8).

   Since you have apparently seen the warning messages, the BabyVAX SCSI
code did execute at least a few times, so it apparently works.

> Just a little debugging should knock the kinks out.

   Well, my kernel obviously worked for me, so I don't see a direction for
debugging. Has anyone else tried my kernel on KA42/41? Did it work?

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 440-449-0299
   ARPA Internet SMTP mail: msokolov@blackwidow.cwru.edu