Subject: Re: Vax news of today.
To: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/10/1998 20:41:18
On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Paul Apprich wrote:

> 	I ftp'ed the latest kernel from multivac on 10 jun 1998 1055 utc
> and still the kernel defaults to the printer port. What gives?

Occassionaly, someone forgets that English slang is not always clear in
its meaning to the non-native English speakers who're members of this
mailing list.  Please allow me to clarify the usage of the American slang
version of "What gives?" in the context of Paul's message:

  Oh dearest Ragge who is powerful, great, and able to solve complex
  kernel programming challenges beyond the scope of my meager wits.
  I am greatly impressed by the speed with which you were able to solve
  the current kernel problems with respect to the VAXstation 3100/M76.
  This even given that you yourself do not have in your possession a
  Model 76 on which to code and verify those changes.  Still, that you
  were able to get the new kernels running on the VS3100/M76 in
  serial console mode again in only a few days is really super.  I shall
  forever be in amazement over your masterful porting skills.  Although
  you have accomplished many miraculous feats as of late and are most
  certainly weary, I am still very eager for you to provide support for a
  graphical console on the Model 76 even though I know you don't have such
  a machine.  Please keep us informed, and also many thanks for all the
  recent hard work.

  Hugs and Kisses,
  Paul.

I hope this clears things up a little in case they were previously hazy.

-brian.
---