Subject: VS2000 graphics
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jerome Tonneson <jerome@m-net.arbornet.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/09/1998 01:23:28
>Actually; yes. The LK201 keyboard should work, the graphics screen
>"may work". I don't have any docs for VS2000 graphics, but I hope that
>someone can test it and tell me :-)

The VS2000 graphics apparently work with the latest kernels (I'm using 1.3F
#456).  Unfortunately the kernel panicked as soon as I pressed a couple of
keys on the attached LK201.

Transcript of session follows:

    NetBSD/vax (vax1) (console)

    login:
    NetBSD/vax (vax1) (console)

    Login: panic: trap: access fault without process
    syncign disks... stopped at 0x8001512d: halt

at which point it dropped into the debugger.

It seems to get upset when I press "o"  (other keys were pressed but were
not interpreted correctly - they appeared to be interpreted as carriage
returns).  Interesting note: after this panic, I pressed the reset button
to return to the ">>>" prompt.  At this point the keyboard was hosed up - keys
were not being read correctly.  I tried the same thing with an LK401 and got
the same results.

Jerome