Subject: VAX-11/750 matters
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erno Palonheimo <fsck@stip.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/09/1998 04:08:10
Hi again,

I might have a chance to get an old VAX-11/750 for free. I did some work
on livingroom and now there is enough space for such a beast. But, do I
need some external cooling? How about the air moisture level? Might sound
silly, but I've seen a mid-eighties Unisys system which was very very
picky about these conditions. It simply started failing everything if
temperature was something else than between 21 and 24 degrees celsius or
if air moisture wasn't between 60 and 70 percents. And, how about
supplying power? Is a 10A fuse enough, we have 220V voltage here? This
system will run NetBSD afaik, so if I just manage to make a install tape
somewhere, I'll get it up and running. After that it'll most likely be
able to talk TCP/IP with my Linux boxen. Are there some other obscure
things about positioning the machine that I should be aware of?

   Erno Palonheimo -x- fsck@stip.net -x- GSM +358400615281

8. You stopped purchasing new furniture when you realized that
   your computers work just as well.