Subject: Re: VAX-11/750 matters
To: Erno Palonheimo <fsck@stip.net>
From: James Willing <jimw@agora.rdrop.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/08/1998 23:26:35
At 04:08 AM 6/9/98 -0200, you wrote:

>Hi again,
>
>I might have a chance to get an old VAX-11/750 for free. I did some work
>on livingroom and now there is enough space for such a beast. But, do I
>need some external cooling? How about the air moisture level?

Well... tho it has been some time since I ran mine on a regular basis,
there was a time when a '750 was my main UNIX box and it did the 24/7 shift
in a small room I built for it in my garage.  The only real concession to
environment control was a vent fan which kicked in once the temperature in
the room hit 80f.  In the summer, I tended to shut it down on hot days.

YMMV   B^}

-jim

---
jimw@agora.rdrop.com