Subject: Re: VS3100 color
To: Peter Wallace <pcw@mesanet.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/08/1998 19:33:08
> Why is the mono of no use if you have a color card? AFAIK they can be used
> simultaneously...

Eh? If you install the color card you get color output on the
builtin graphic D-sub. And if you remove the color option board
then you get no output from the machine at all (no sync). It may
happen that there is a strap somewhere to select between them, I
don't know about that.

> 	I think there are 2 color cards for the 3100, The GPX and the SPX.

Due to my docs there are 2 types of of color option boards; the 4-plane
VS40X-MA and the 8-plane VS40X-PA. Both of them Dragon-based.

-- Ragge