Subject: Re: Today's VAX news :-)
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/07/1998 14:34:40
On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > The VAX port now switched over to UVM. This will mean a
> > small performance improvement also.

Looks like I'm going to have to start supping NetBSD-current again so I
can recompile everything with the new VM system.  But...

> Oops, I forgot another fix also: It now detects the presence
> of a secondary cache on 3100; and if it is there, enables it.

That recompile will certainly go a whole lot faster now that this is
working.  Just tried 1.3F June 7 on my M38 and it's quite a bit faster.
With just primary cache I was hitting around 7142 dhry/s, with secondary
enabled as well, I'm now hitting 8196 dhry/s.

Impressive, very impressive. :-)

-brian.
---