Subject: SGEC boot code
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@phoenix.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/1998 08:04:13
>Hmm, the Ethernet adapter on my VS4000m90 is called EZA0. You don't
>suppose...? Nah...! Or?

Could be...it's certainly worth a try.

>I'd sure like to try your boot prog. I've got a verfiably working
>MOP/RARP/NFS setup at home...

Okkay...anyone who would like to try it can get it from my web page:

http://www.phoenix.net/~jmaynard/boot.mop is the MOP-format version,

http://www.phoenix.net/~jmaynard/boot is the binary version.

The (not-cleaned-up-yet) source files are:

http://www.phoenix.net/~jmaynard/if_ze.c is the driver source,

http://www.phoenix.net/~jmaynard/if_zereg.h is the SGEC header file,

http://www.phoenix.net/~jmaynard/sgec.diff is the diff -u of the changes
I've made so far to conf.c, autoconf.c, and consio.c. Note that one change
really belongs in vaxstand.h, but I don't have access to that on Arno's box.

This is still very much a work in progress...comments and suggestions are
greatly appreciated, but don't consider this to be a version suitable for
more than tinkering.

It only works in promiscuous mode, at the moment. When I try to tell it to
run in normal filtered mode, it sees nothing...nothing...

Let me know what comes of your playing with it. Also, Ragge, if you'll take
a look at it and let me know where I'm straying from The NetBSD Way, I'll
take heed...

--
Jay Maynard, EMT/P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jmaynard@phoenix.net              | adequately be explained by stupidity.