Subject: Re: New kernel chokes VS3100-M76-SPX
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/1998 07:47:02
On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > 	I ftp'ed the latest (4 June 1998) NetBSD VAX kernel and this is
> > what I get:
> >
> [...]
> > cpu0 at backplane0: KA43
> > clearing tags...
> > panic: pmap_enter: mapping onto old map
> > Stopped at   0x800add2c:    bicl3    $0xffe00000, r6, r0
> > db>
> >
> > WHat broke?
> >
> Have you tried to boot it again? It may be some intermittent errors
> that goes away after a couple of boots. (I'm not kidding)
> I haven't had the ability to test this myself.
>
> -- Ragge

This error is consistent. Every time I netboot, it gives me this error. I
have the unit set for the graphics console, the kernel loader count (bytes
per section) comes up on the graphic display, but from the copyright
message onward, the output goes to the printer port. I don't see any
graphic display activity from there.

PA