Subject: Re: TK50 SCSI controller [was: VS2000 PS quirk?]
To: Varga Akos Endre <hamster@netweb.hu>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/02/1998 21:31:57
On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Varga Akos Endre wrote:

> > I tried this one, along with Brian Chase's, both with the same result.
> > (?4F SCBINT, XQA0)  Perhaps my DEQNA is toast?  Perhaps things aren't
>
> Are the cards seated in the right order? What cards are in the backplane?

1: KA630
2: MS630-BA (4MB memory board)
3: M9047 (grant continuity) / nothing
4: M3104 (8 port serial)
5: DEQNA / TQK50
6: M8639 (RQDX3?)

The rest of the slots inside the BA123 are open, except for the disk
breakout card outside the cardcage proper.

The same thing happens when I put the DEQNA in the top of slot 3 and yank
everything else except the CPU and memory...  Same thing if I stick it in
slot 4, with a grant in slot 3.

If I yank everything except CPU and put the DEQNA in slot 2, it actually
tries to load, but gets a ?05 DBL ERR, I assume due to lack of memory. :)

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
  agrier@reed.edu |  agrier@metro.grumblesmurf.net  | ...!reed!vla!agrier
  DECBEE65 0DEE3A0C 1ED7F54D 9E023CC4 and 0x0663D1A9 at a server near you.