Subject: Disklabelling
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/01/1998 21:52:26
Hi!

I am installing Netbsd via TK50 on a MicrovaxII with 9 meg ram, three rd
53 disks, one rd54 disk, (obviuosly)TK 50 tapedrive, KA630 processor,
8channel asynch "mux" (terminal lines), and a ethernetboard ( not sure
whether it is a DEQNA or DELQA).

I have gotten as far as booting the tape and started edlabel. after
filling in the drive data according to disktab, i now should choose
partition sizes on the root dirve, which is an rd53 (i want the whole rd54
as /usr later on)

What do you think is the appropriate sizes in my case? How much root
partition do i _need_ vs how much do i need to be comfaortable? How much
swap on the first disk? (I can always add more swap on one of the other
disks later, they are all completely blank at the moment)

The system has been running netbsd 1.3 before, but i accidentally (ok, ok
, stupidly) corrupted everything (edited the wrong disktab to the wrong
sizes), so i had to start over from scratch.

Any tips and pitfalls that doesnt show up in the readme's ?

I would be grateful for quick answers.

best Regards

Ronny

* Ronny Svedman  =09ronny@update.uu.se=09=09*
* Sturegatan 12A :123   Lando_C, in IRCnet #australia=09*
* 75314 UPPSALA         http://www.update.uu.se/~ronny=09*
* Sweden    =09=09+46-018/550404=09=09=09*
*=09=09=09=09=09=09=09*

"How long is a powercord?  -Usually 1% too short! "

- Ture P=E5lsson