Subject: Re: stuff for uVAX I
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/01/1998 09:32:38
<> OpenVMS 6.1 will likely not fit in an rd54 with much free space if
<> any.  I doubt it will run on a microvax1, as support was dropped
<> many years (and versions) before. Try openVMS 5.2 or 5.4, it's
<> smaller and may still have support for microvax1.  I know VMS4.7
<> did!
<
<For what it's worth, I've successfully installed VMS 5.? (I can't
<remember exactly, but it was the May 1992 CD distribution), including
<DECwindows, DECNET and DEC TCP/IP on a VS2000 with an RD53 disk.  Yes,
<that's RD53 of 70 Megabytes, and there was room for a wee bit of swap
<with several hundred blocks left over at the end for user files.  :-)

Which is why I suggested 5.2 or 5.4.  I'm currently running a vs2000
with a RD53 loaded with VMS5.4 with decwindows and a few of the libraies
tailored off (and deleted) makes for 20,000 blocks of free space.  CMUIP
dosent use much but it's easier to run decnet to one IPserver.

Allison