Subject: Success!...well, at least one piece.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@phoenix.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/1998 12:41:13
I've sucecssfully gotten the SGEC driver to communicate with my P5-166
server for booting. It ARPs, RARPs, bootparams, and complains because the
kernel doesn't have anything it knows how to talk to. Unless I'm mistaken,
that means that the bootloader is doing its job, and now I need to make the
SGEC driver work in the real kernel - at which time I should be able to
netboot and run.

Now to rebuild my configuration locally, after clobbering my Linux setup in
the process...argh.

Ragge, how do I get the needed mods to the boot code to you to roll into
the Official Distribution?
--
Jay Maynard, EMT/P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jmaynard@phoenix.net              | adequately be explained by stupidity.