Subject: Re: solaris mods?
To: None <michaels@sun.aracnet.com>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@cntw.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/1998 10:26:55
On Sun, 31 May 1998, Mats O Jansson wrote:

> On Sat, 30 May 1998 michaels@sun.aracnet.com wrote:
>
> > Hello again,
> >
> > I'm running into some difficulty compiling mopd under solaris2.6.
> > Is there updated source code anywhere?
>
> Sorry, nope. But I could take a quick look.

Ok, I have looked at my source tree and now remember the history about
Solaris 2 (SunOS 5).

The problem is that Solaris 2 need a packet filter module for DLPI. I had
working code at the time of 2.3 or so. The problem with the code is that I
cant distribute it since I havn't written it. Conditions in the code
doesn't allow me to distribute it.

There is two different solutions to that problem. Rewrite the code or get
a permit to redistribute the existing code. I'll take a shot at both...

> > Thanks,
> > Mike

-moj