Subject: US vs European PS requirements.
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/30/1998 22:40:13
Let's say you've got US issued DEC VAX systems... Say your common
VAXstation 3100 or 2000.  In the States we run on 110/120VAC for most low
power consumption devices.  What would it take to say... make that same
machine be usable in Northern Europe?  Let's pretend we're talking
about Sweden.

Most PC power supplies I've seen are switch selectable to operate at
either 110/120VAC or 220/240VAC.  Is this also the case with the
VAXstations?

I have the PS of a VS3100/M38 "extracted" from the case here in front of
me and I don't see any explicit way to switch it over to accepting
different input voltages.  Would the PS need to be replaced, or is the
thing just smart about how it handles the different input voltages?

-brian.
---