Subject: Re: solaris mods?
To: None <michaels@sun.aracnet.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/30/1998 17:20:48
On Sat, 30 May 1998 michaels@sun.aracnet.com wrote:

> I'm running into some difficulty compiling mopd under solaris2.6.
> Is there updated source code anywhere?

There are no mods to mopd for solaris of which I'm aware.  There are two
versions floating around, the original by Mats O Jansson and then the
hacked version for Linux by Karl Maftoum.  Mats' version is geared more
towards BSD derived systems, and the Linux one is pretty much just for
Linux.

A while back I was looking at getting mopd to run under IRIX 6.2, but
lacked the time to dedicate much effort to it.  Solaris was also on the
todo list, but I never even got to the point of attempting to compile it
under Solaris.

Right now my plate is pretty full with extraVAXicular activities though,
so I seriously doubt I'll get a chance to look at mopd under other Unices
any time soon. You may try bugging Mats though ;-)  Ohhhh Mats....

My most immediate problem is trying to find enough electrical outlets in
my apartment across which I can balance the load of my VAXen without
tripping a circuit breaker.  If I don't watch TV or make any toast, I
think I may be okay.

-brian.
---