Subject: the chicken, or the egg?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <michaels@sun.aracnet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/30/1998 12:40:26
Hello,

I've just traded my Sun 3/50 for a MicroVAX-II (just like the vaxine server).
It's got the DEQNA network card, and I read that I can't netboot with it.
Its got a TK50 tape, and it's running VMS 5.3.  Here's my problem...
I have no other TK50 tapes to write the netbsd installation too, and I don't
know VMS (although I know it doesn't do TCP/IP, so I can't ftp).  Since I
can't netboot, and I have no TK50 tapes, and no other VAXens to write tapes
with, how can I install netbsd?  Is there someplace I can get tapes from?

Thanks!

Mike