Subject: KA650 incompatibilities
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/28/1998 00:43:03
I've just replaced my KA630 with a KA650.  This is much nicer.
Unfortunately some things don't work.  First, my TK50 is totally
unusable.  I think that this is due to hardware and not NetBSD because I
can't boot off it.  I also have a problem with my QDSS.  It passes all
the power-up diagnostics and works fine until I use it heavily in X.
Then the QDSS driver reports bus errors during DMA.

So, does anybody have any suggestions/ideas?  I don't care too much
about the TK50 (though it'd be nice), but I do care about the QDSS.  Has
anybody else successfully used X with a QDSS and KA650?  Is there some
simple modification that I need make to get things to work?

(Geez... couldn't DEC standardize Q-bus somewhat so that these things
don't happen?!)

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |