Subject: Re: TK50 SCSI controller [was: VS2000 PS quirk?]
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roar_Thron=E6s?= <roart@nvg.ntnu.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/27/1998 12:20:07
On Tue, 26 May 1998, Aaron J. Grier wrote:

> What could be causing an SCBINT during a netboot with a DEQNA?
> According to my MOP server, the kernel is being transferred to my

Don't you mean boot.mopformat or something like that?

> Microvax-II without problem, but the vax always comes up with a SCBINT
> generated by the DEQNA...  this happens even in a totally stripped
> system with just CPU, memory, and DEQNA.
>
> Anybody have any ideas?

>>> b

  2..
?4F SCBINT, XQA0
?06 HLT INST
    PC = 000C0E0A
Failure.

Was it something like this, like you had in March?
Did you try another boot.mopformat?

Someone had a corrupt boot.mopformat, and got the same result on a 2000.

Try using ftp.nvg.ntnu.no:/pub/NetBSD/DEQNA/v0.05/boot2
(I am too lazy too call it boot.mopformat)

It might be a bit noisier with DEQNA than the boot.mopformat that multivac
had. (Don't use boot2 with 2000/3100, unless you like a lot of noise.)

-Roar Thronęs