Subject: Re: Problem netbooting 3100/76/SPX
To: Bertram Barth <bertram@gummo.bbb.sub.org>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/26/1998 02:15:02
On Tue, 26 May 1998, Bertram Barth wrote:

> KA43 mustn't access the memory shared with LANCE via "normal" addresses,
> but has to use this address mapped into machines diagnostic memory, ie.
> le-mem | 0x28000000. Using the "normal" address yields machine checks
> (which would explain SCB2NDINT, IIRC when receiving) and/or non-working
> network-code (ie. timeouts when trying to send, "transmit buffer full").
>
> I've had a short look into arch/vax/boot/if_le.c on multivac and this
> detail seems to be missing in the standalone le-driver.

Soooo... are you saying that perhaps one of the older bootloaders might
work out in this situation, because they did incorporate the correct code
for the KA43's lance device?  If so, I'm pretty sure that I've got mopable
copies of the older bootloaders lying around in my directories *somewhere*.

-brian.
---