Subject: Re: Large VAXen / VAXarchive
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kees Stravers <pb0aia@iaehv.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/25/1998 12:35:29
I have an 11/750, but I can't use it right now because the RA81 hard
disk has crashed (really crashed, all it does now is scream and plow
into the platters). The 750 also does not have a network card, which
complicates matters a lot. I have a RA70, so I'm planning to get the
750 going again when I find a network card. I'll install NetBSD on
the disk using a MicroVAX with a SDI disk controller and move the
disk over to the 750.

Now that I'm writing to the list, I can make an announcement.
I am building a web site on which I want to concentrate all the
VAX / NetBSD information I can lay my hands on. I don't want to
provide links only, I also want to mirror the sites of a number
of contributors to the VAX / NetBSD effort. The site is not finished
yet, there is a lot of work still to be done, but some of it works
already. I would like to ask the list members to look at it and
mail me if there is information about the VAX and NetBSD or VMS
that I have missed, so that I can add it to the site. There are
several hundreds of megs available to me, so I won't run out of
room quickly. Please look at:

http://vaxarchive.ml.org

This site was made possible by Kevin Caldwell, the system administrator
of necrotech.com, who, when he went searching for information on the
VS2000 he just bought, saw the message on my VS2000 page that a number
of pictures would not appear because my home page was full (again).
He generously offered room on his system.

You may have seen my name sometimes on the port-vax mailing list, I
mostly lurk here (why ask questions when others already do it for you).
I have NetBSD running on several uVAXes II, one as a web server at the
school where I am the system administrator.
A picture of me and my 11/750 is at http://www.iae.nl/users/pb0aia/vax/

Kees

--

Kees Stravers - Geldrop, The Netherlands - pb0aia at amsat dot org
Sysadmin and DEC PDP/VAX preservationist - http://vaxarchive.ml.org

Net-Tamer V 1.08.1 - Registered