Subject: RE: 1.3 hang
To: NetBSD/VAX list <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/25/1998 12:35:56
On Mon, 25 May 1998, Gunnar Helliesen wrote:

> Yes, I remember now. Since I rebooted after the hang I've also had a
> good, old-fashioned crash. Didn't note the panic message, but will if it
> happens again. I was doing command line editing (bash shell) on the
> console when the system panicked. As I remember I was pressing the
> left-arrow repeatedly when I was dropped into the kernel debugger.

For the sake of experimentation, try using the MicroVAX II from a telnet
session instead of the console.  I've had my MVII up running 1.3 in a
netbooted config for over 50 days with no problems, and the machine sees
fairly regular use.  However, I almost always work on it by telneting into
it from another system.

I'm just thinking that the problem might be somehow tied to the console
driver.  I suppose it's worth a look at least.

-brian.
---