Subject: Re: VS2000 tests and other oddities?
To: Tim Shoppa <shoppa@alph01.triumf.ca>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/1998 12:59:07
On Sun, 24 May 1998, Tim Shoppa wrote:

> What I reproduce below is from an old DEC SPD on the built-in
> diagnostics; I hope it helps.  Somewhere here I have the DEC
> part number for the "Hardware key" used to enable the less-well-known
> packages.

Excellent.  Many thanks for the test info.

Now this hardware key thing...  Let's see, if I were a field-tech and I
were going to have to more fully test a user's machine, I would want the
hardware key to be something that plugs into an exterior port... like the
printer port, or the 25pin serial port... Also because we're talking about
DEC, the hardware guys will probably have made the key something
brain-dead simple like short pins 24-25 of the DB25 connector.

Time for some investigation.

-brian.
---