Subject: Re: Root login refused on TTY!
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/1998 20:53:05
> NetBSD/vax (Amnesiac) (console)
>
> login: root
> root login refused on this terminal.
> May 24 03:31:56  login: LOGIN root REFUSED ON TTY rra0h
> login:

Looks to me like your /dev directory is screwed.. Loggin in on rra0h
is pretty weird..

Try booting to single-user and check out the device numbers in /dev

Cross-checking with the working system would be great.

Hope this helps you a bit further..

							Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9             Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,

 We say Retribution, We say Vengeance is bliss, We say Revolution,
 With a Cast-Iron fist!                  (Megadeth, 'The Disintegrators')