Subject: VS2000 tests and other oddities?
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/1998 01:42:58
I was poking around for various test numbers and letters on a VS2000 when
I came across the most interesting test 90.  It obviously has to do with
stats on the ethernet device, but is there anything else it does?

I knew about test 70 being an MFM disk formatter, but what's test 71?

 test 70  gives "KA410-A RDRXfmt"
 test 71  gives "KA410-A RDver"

Then tests 51, 52, and 53 seem to do more than your average bogus test
which results in "?17 ILL CMD" but at the same time it's not obvious to me
what it actually is that they do (if anything).

--

Of other general strangeness:  I played with the jumper that switches
between making your system appear as a VAXstation 2000 or a MicroVAX 2000.

-brian.
---