Subject: Re: Problems with network in 1.3
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/22/1998 09:01:53
On Wed, 20 May 1998, Rick Copeland wrote:

> Dear Vax List,
>
> I recently installed NetBSD 1.3 into my uVax 3600.  The load in went
> reasonably smooth, however, I cannot get the network to function.  I have
> been previously running NetBSD 1.1 on this machine and still have it on a
> RA70 and have written NetBSD on a second disk which is a RA72. If I connect
> up the RA70 with 1.1 the network works just fine but when I connect the
> RA70 with NetBSD 1.3 everything works except he network.  I have configured
> the network in 1.3 just as I had done on 1.1 but still cannot ping
> successfully (ping comes back with "no route to host").  Is there some new
> network configuration that I should know about?

First of all, in the bootup sequence, qe0 don't show up when the
interfaces get configured. Not sure what you have done, but that is
defenitely one of your problems.
And secondly, you have to setup a default route, if you haven't done so
(after configuring the interface). There is a file which usually holds
that information in /etc.

Check /etc/rc.conf for more information and help.

Finally, you don't seem to have any pty's. Make some, they are always
useful!

	Johnny