Subject: Re: SUP and NetBSD-Current
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/13/1998 23:48:45
On Wed, 13 May 1998, J. Buck Caldwell wrote:

> OK: So I'm ready to try NetBSD current, since every time I download a snapshot it won't compile for
> me. I want to use SUP.

Whatever you download right now will not be very useful. Things aren't
compiling very well right now. I guess Ragge is hacking a lot to get some
new fancy stuff in. I've given up myself for now. I have a bunch of nice
fixes, but since I'm running 1.3_BETA still, I want to get the latest
version running before sending those patches off to Ragge...

> Problem 1: I have no idea how to use sup. Can someone provide simple, consice instructions? I'm
> reading the readme.sup as I type, but it doesn't look too useful.

I went from the readme.sup and the sup manpage, and it was more than
enough to get me starting. It shouldn't be that hard. Just copy the
example supfile from the documentation, and run sup on it with the
appropriate flags (me, I use "-vd").

	Johnny