Subject: VS4000
To: 'NetBSD/VAX list' <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/13/1998 22:15:01
An old friend came by with a present today: A VAXstation 4000 model 90
with 80 MB memory, 420 MB + 2.1 GB disk, a CD-ROM and a 20" Trinitron
monitor. Rather nice of him I thought. ;-)

The CPU identifies itself as KA49A. I had a look-see inside but I
couldn't identify the Ethernet and SCSI chips. The design is everything
on one compact motherboard (except the graphics board).

I have it running with VMS but would love to see it running NetBSD.
Would make a lovely X workstation.

I guess the first step would be to try to mop boot it with the latest
boot image to see if the Ethernet is compatible with the lance in the
VS2K and VS3100?

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2