Subject: Re: VAXstation II mouse.
To: Erno Palonheimo <fsck@stip.NET>
From: Tim Shoppa <shoppa@alph01.triumf.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/07/1998 07:56:26
> A friend of mine owns an old VAXstation II. The machine is fine, but it
> has lost its mouse and the connector does not look like a standard one..
> does someone have pinouts for this connector? is it possible to hack
> together a cable that allows use of normal serial mice? The connector
> reminds me of a PS/2 connector but definitely isn't one..

The DEC Mouse pinout won't help you much, as there's firmware inside
the mouse that's different between DEC mice and PC-clone mice and
this firmware must be correct to talk to the respective operating
systems.

Any DEC reseller or DECdirect (1-800-DECDIRECT in North America)
can sell you a new mouse.  Alternatively, I've got used DEC Mice,
used DEC Keyboards, used DEC Monitor cables, and MMJ cables and adapters
for sale (as do most DEC resellers).

Tim. (shoppa@triumf.ca)