Subject: Re: Vaxstation 3100 boot sequence
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Kuck <y0007410@ws.rz.tu-bs.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/28/1998 17:54:35
David Evans wrote:

>   SPX (is this right) graphics takes quite a long time to get itself together
> so itmay be working just fine.  How long did you wait?  Did the LEDs stabalise
> in a certain pattern?

The monitor I have is a VR299 low resolution display, so I believe
it's a GPX. The machine seems to halt with LED 2 and 7 lit.
I waited 15 minutes, but nothing changed. Do you know what this
indicates ?

Seth J. Morabito wrote:

> You should wait a while, too, because it takes at least a full 60
> seconds before anything other than initialization patterns appear
> on my screen.  I  don't remember the exact pattern, but I seem to
> remember first the screen goes mostly white, with a few bars of
> black; then there's a blocky, chunky pattern of sqaure shapes, the
> middle one moves  around a bit; then there's a few rows of what
> almost looks like random noise.  That's normal :)  Then the
> self-test count-down text appears.

That's exactly what I see, but the "final" display is a white
screen with a black and a red bar across it.