Subject: Re: install on VS3100/M30
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/26/1998 21:22:44
Hi,

----------
> From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
> To: 'emanuel stiebler' <emu@ecubics.com>
> Cc: port-vax@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: RE: install on VS3100/M30
> Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 5:46 PM
>

> Have you tried setting your terminal to 7E1? (Seven bits, even parity, 1
> stop bit).

doesn't change anything.

BUT, what i found out in the meantime ...

this problems exist with a VT320. i can boot & login with a vt220 !?!?!
(weird ?)

ok, many tests ....

in both configurations (vt320 or vt220, 8n1 or 7e1) during boot, i get
sometimes this " mirrored question mark"
 and i'm loosing characters. after login on the vt220 this doesn't happen
anymore.

the best is, after booting on the vt220,  i can switch to the vt320 and
work on it ...

lookes like during boot, some of the "wrong characters" shooting down the
vt320 and not the vt220.

cheers & thanks
emanuel

P.S. Don't think, the hardware is broken. I use both terminals on a MV3500
or Decstation. I tried al of this experiments with 3 different VS3100/M30.
(and 2 different cables ;-))

O.K. nothing is really sure, but i don't think it is the vax/terminal/cable