Subject: Re: install on VS3100/M30
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/26/1998 13:34:26
Hi all,
----------
> From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
> To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
> Cc: S. Ryan Quick <ryan@phaedo.com>; port-vax@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: install on VS3100/M30
> Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 12:46 PM
>

> > I had no problems, finishing the installation over the network. but i
still
> > can't use the console :-(((
>
> I do know that getting the console to behave as expected on the MicroVAX
> 3100's (10|20|10e|20e) and the VAXservers is a problem, but yours is the
> first case I've heard of on a straight VAXstation 3100.  (Not to say that
> someone else hasn't run into the problem though).

More weird stuff ...

after log on through the net, i can do something like:

ls -l >/dev/console

the directory listing shows up on the console !

anyway, because i forgot to mention, console working ok with the monitor
commands.
(show device, boot, show mem ...)

it looks like the input from the console is blocked after after/in boot
!?!?

anyway, i'm probably not the first one with this problems. If i remember
corectly, "thodur ivarson" (don't hit me, if the name is wrong) has the
same problems. But i never seen a mail the he resolved it ...

thanks,
emanuel