Subject: Re: install on VS3100/M30
To: S. Ryan Quick <ryan@phaedo.com>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/26/1998 09:21:20
Hi all,

----------
> From: S. Ryan Quick <ryan@phaedo.com>
> To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
> Cc: port-vax@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: install on VS3100/M30
> Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 7:07 AM
>
> > 2. after installing all stuff, the machine booted, but i couldn't do
> > anything on the console ...
> > i got a login but ...
> > console don't accept any character ?!?
> > but, the VS seems to run, ping to is ok.
>
> I was able to successfully run MAKEDEV from my linux box (the bootserver)
> and, while it gave some errors, the ttys were built correctly.  Once
> logged in, I was able to rerun MAKEDEV and all was well.  Likewise, the
> creation of fstab, editing of rc.* and so on are (obviously) easy to
> modify on your bootserver.

I had no problems, finishing the installation over the network. but i still
can't use the console :-(((

is it a general problem with the vaxstation3100/m30 or mine ?!?!
i still hope, i done something wrong or forgotten something, because i
would like to use it through the console.

thanks again,
emanuel