Subject: network weirdness..
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jorgen Pehrson <jp@spektr.ludvika.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/17/1998 16:56:12
Hi,
I have some weird network problems using a microvaxII w/ netbsd1.3.
I'm trying to connect it to a PC running Linux. I can telnet, ping or
whatever TO the VAX FROM the PC. But I can't reach the PC from the vax.
BUT if I do a "ping -l 1 pc" from the vax then it can ping the pc. but
only doing a normal "ping pc" won't work. A "traceroute pc" works as well.
The vax has been hooked up to the net before and then it worked perfectly.
The only difference now is that it's connected directly to my PC with a
crossed TP cable, but I don't think that should matter.

What's weird is that "ping -l 1 pc" works while "ping pc" doesn't.

Anyone has an idea of what's going on?

--
Jorgen Pehrson                  HP 9000/380 (NetBSD/hp300 1.3)
jp@spektr.ludvika.se            DECstation 5000/200 (NetBSD/pmax 1.3)