Subject: Re: VMS Password
To: Matt Thompson <matt@smt.net>
From: Nigel Johnson <njohnson@ican.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/1998 14:06:07
Try this:

Before powering up, set the HALTS IN switch on the console panel to IN (the
little dot is inside the circle.)

Power up, wait for it to cycle through tests to 3, then it will halt

>>>b/1 DUA0 (or whatever disk th esystem is on)

then....

2..1..0..

Announcement message

SYSBOOT>SET UAFALTERNATE=1
SYSBOOT>WRITE CURRENT
SYSBOOT>EXIT

VMS will then boot with no password for the SYSTEM account.  Just hit enter
for the pw

Hope it helps,

Nigel