Subject: Re: QDSS Support Problem
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/14/1998 11:07:05
J. Buck Caldwell wrote:

> OK - I downloaded the qdss.tar.gz, ungzipped it as /sys/arch/vax, made a configuration, and

QDSS support has been integrated into -current, so you just have to get
and compile current.  Any files that are tar files of /sys/arch/vax are
development versions before integration into -current, which:
 - are from a late December 1.3BETA and probably won't work with others
 - may contain mayor bugs if it isn't the final version
 - don't fully support config
You should probably get and compile -current instead of messing with
this.

> compiled. I get config and make errors looking for "qv.h". I downloaded the pre-built kernel. When I
> boot, I see the bootloader on the serial, then a HALT on the graphic one. I decided to try and build

Which pre-built kernel?  If you got one that I released such as one
from:
http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/tmp/
...well, that should work.  :-)  However, the configuration is for my
MicroVAX II and it doesn't support any CPU besides KA630.
A -current GENERIC kernel and other stuff may be found at the site put
up by Dave Arthur:
ftp://www.burridge.nscc.ns.ca/uploads/NetBSD/VAX/X/

BTW  I think I'll remove the stuff in ~bgjenero/tmp/.  I don't see any
need for old development versions.  They can only confuse people now.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |