Subject: Re: VAX R4000
To: Yubyub Bird <yubyub@j51.com>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@cntw.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/1998 16:18:09
On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Yubyub Bird wrote:

> Perhaps I wasn't clear - it is a VAX R4000-200.  The CPU I believe was one
> of the precursors to the MIPS family (someone may be able to clear this
> one up).

If it's a VAX is has some kind of VAX chip set, it has nothing to do with
MIPS at all.

And since you seems to have installed VMS on it, could you please execute
the following command in DCL:

$ SYSID = F$GETSYI("SID")
$ SHOW SYM SYSID
$ HW = F$GETSYI("HW_NAME")
$ SHOW SYM HW

and report the output from the two SHOW SYM commands. This would make it
possible to determine what kind of hardware you have.

> -yubyub@j51.com

-moj