Subject: NetBSD/vax on VT1300, what about VXT2000?
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/23/1998 18:19:42
It has for a while now been determined that we can successfully run NetBSD
on a VT1300 X-terminal because the base hardware is identical to a
VAXstation 3100, minus the disk controllers.

In the past there have been failed attempts by people who were trying to
netboot NetBSD on the VXT2000 X-terminals.  Are these devices VAX
architecture based as well?  And if soo, is there any chance in hell of
getting NetBSD to run on them?  I've never gotten a chance to closely
examine a VXT2000 so I've no idea if they're even made up with a bare
minimum of necessary guts to run something like NetBSD.

-brian.
---