Subject: Re: multi CPU uvaxII
To: None <allisonp@world.std.com, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Carl Lowenstein <cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/19/1998 09:30:45
> Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 20:43:58 -0500
> From: allisonp@world.std.com (Allison J Parent)
>
> <  I don't think that this would work.  From Rick's description it doesn'
> <sound as through the CD interconnect could handle two CPUs talking to
> <different RAM boards.  I'd look further into it but Boris has my KA630 ma
> <at the moment.
>
> I don't think CD is used for anything as it's a PMI (over the top).
>
> Allison

On this technicality I would like to point out that Allison is mistaken.

There just aren't enough signals available on that 50-pin over-the-top
connector to carry everything.  The CD interconnect is used for
address and control signals, the PMI for data.

There is a table of Memory Expansion Connector Pinouts (the 50-pin) in
the MicroVax 630 CPU Module User's Guide EK-KA630-UG.  At some time in
1990 I must have also had a Pinout table for the MS630 memory modules,
since I typed it into a text file while trying to understand CD
interconnect.

    carl

        carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
        {decvax|ucbvax} !ucsd!mpl!cdl                 cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu
                                                  clowenstein@ucsd.edu